Monday, April 2, 2012

The Heads Up 4/2/2012

Plans for this week go!

Click image for full view.

I guess here is a little screen shot showing how I generally make my guidelines for the body. Oh and this is the second time I did KI-WI's character sheet. The first round was not so good in my opinion and her body just looked off. This one is much better and more true to her previous character illustration here.

First order of business is to finish KI-WI's character as seen above for the comic, and work on the rest of the frequent cast. I think after I get KI-WI done I can start thinking about laying out the first page and getting  the story all ironed out. I already have a good idea as to how I want the story to roll I just need more characters to fit the roles in certain plot lines but yeah. 

I hope to get the prologue chapter all done by the end of this month and when I'm half way or so done with the prologue I will make a web comic site and start posting pages, but first things first I need character references mainly because it's a very good way to keep your artwork consistent especially in comic making since it is typically important that the characters look relatively the same from panel to panel.

Next thing I should consider working on is a personal art piece that has been worked on since June of last year. The issue with this art piece is that I keep learning new techniques and such and I end up editing this piece with all the new stuff I learned. I mainly want to make a top quality illustration out of this piece as to avoid disappointing myself. With that said I feel like I need to re work the background after doing a bit of background study. I need to better refine the line work and stuff.

Oh almost forgot to mention. Sword Girls is holding a coloring contest. I actually want to consider doing it maybe I can get some colorist experience under my belt. I don't plan on being a colorist but it would help to have that skill. Colorist are basically professional artist who color other artist's line work. Usually you see these guys work in comics and stuff.

So in a nut shell, work on and finish KI-WI's reference sheet, start the other Noobie Bounty Hunter character's reference sheet, and work on my personal art piece which I will call "Walking."

Back to work so bye.


2 comments:

  1. That sounds really cool, doing the coloring contest! I'm sure you'll do great and win first -^.^- !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so the prizes are pretty nice since I'm a shopper at Amazon. We'll see even if I don't make the cut at least I'll have practice under my belt. It would be my third contest as well. Yeah so far I haven't placed in contest but maybe this time will be different. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete