Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Detective Wednesday Saturn

So I did a concept sketch for my detective character here. I liked the sketch but I also needed visuals for my demonstration speech in my communications class. So I made a video of me working on this since this was a ready to finish sketch.

Wednesday Saturn is my detective character for my story idea called "Jazz on a Wednesday." It's like a film noir kind of story where Wednesday solves crimes in the illustrious but shady city of Safe Haven Metropolis. She partners up with Jazi Quartet an ex criminal hacker who faked her death and changed her identity to Jazi Quartet after a late famous singer of the same name.

So it's like one of those dark gritty dark deco style stories with mafia's and such. I have a very unique world planned up but I want to keep it a secret. Don't want anyone taking my ideas now.

Yeah this was done fairly quickly and it's not the best work I've done mainly because I was really running short on time and had to get it done for my presentation so I pretty much took a weeks worth of work and done it in one day. So excuse the sloppiness.

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! Mystery stories are a real challenge, but once you get an outline, they're really exciting to make! I don't if this will help, but go to this website and you can plan all your ideas there: www.bubbl.us
    Its basically like a graphic organizer (web) but it's really helpful. You can share things with other people but you don't have to so you can keep all your work a secret. There is a guest-like use but when you make an account (real simple and easy), you can just save stuff on there and I think there's some extra features but I can't quite remember. I used it an it's really helpful, you can label things and color code it and whatnot. I used it and it helps me write, so check it out even if it doesn't interest you, I'm sure there will be some things that might help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah mystery stories can be difficult. I think the best way to approach one is to experience some mystery stories which is something I plan on doing. bubbl looks interesting I may dabble in it a bit thanks for sharing it.

      Delete