Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Painting of Autumn

Camera's don't do justice for this. Anyways I decided to do a background painting to, well, practice drawing of course. This is an acrylic on Bristol painting. I basically used 7 colors for this which were red, yellow, orange, green, blue, black, and white. Green was mixed with orange to make the browns. I used a pointillist style of painting basically it's optical blending via painting with tiny dots rather than brush strokes. It helps give off that leaf texture as well as blend all the warm color together to make a nice autumn like feel.

Pointillist style makes it really easy to paint natural backgrounds with acrylic. Normally doing these kind of paintings with acrylic is really hard because acrylic doesn't blend so well together as opposed to oils. I'm pretty happy with this especially since I'm very new at doing backgrounds all together.

I was feeling like drawing autumn even though it's Spring. I'd love to walk through a forest in autumn and have all these colors around me.

As far as painting go I love not being restricted like trying to paint within the lines sort of thing. So this one was especially fun to do because I didn't need to be so careful.

Anyways enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful picture even though it's autumn! It's amazing how much you can do with a certain amount of colors, huh?

    ReplyDelete