Thursday, April 5, 2012

Art Work of the Past: Failed Web comic AGoW

So the web comic I'm currently working on isn't the first the I dabbled into comic making. There was a web comic before but it didn't last long for two reasons. I was looking though my old files and actually found the old pages to this web comic which was called "A Glass of Water." So here they are.

Click for better view.



Man this was way before I took life drawing class the proportions are so wacky.

Anyways why did this comic fail? The first major reason was the computer I was using back when I started this comic died and so I was with out my major art tool for several months. The second reason was when I eventually got my new laptop I really didn't know where the story was going and every direction I tried to bring it wasn't working in my head.

So A Glass of Water is on a long hiatus. Yeah I don't want to give up on the characters of this story. The character Laa (the character with the "!" sign hoodie) is actually a female version of me or at least how a female version of me would be back in that time. The other character appearing in the third page is Chesna. It's basically a slice of life story about my life interpreted in a female version of me in a fictional world. I wanted to add a unique twist of which I've been thinking up from time to time. I have an idea but don't know how to approach it just yet and right now Noobie Bounty Hunter is the story I'm working on.

So yeah I just thought I would share my first attempt at a comic. I have Manga Studio so I have a better tool to make comics and a much improved art style. So yeah.

One thing I learned from trying to start this comic was that people were genuinely interested in how the story would pan out. Sorry to those eager for more but maybe they will stumble across Noobie Bounty Hunter when I bring it into the web comic community. Yeah I posted this AGoW on a web comic community and got 4 subscribers. That's not a whole lot but it told me that anyone can be interested in a comic it don't matter the quality. I'll tell you here and now the quality of this comic is bad, but that is the magic of comic making the art is relevant and important but the story factor, and how you tell it is just as important or even more important.

Let me apologize for making such lengthy blog post I just get carried away sometimes. I hope these aren't wasting your time and if it is bothersome then just shout out and I'll try to shorten it. I can't help it >_< when my mind rolls it rolls.  

2 comments:

  1. That's really cute! I think the proportions look fine. But this tells you that you're improving overtime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting how I get like that about the proportion stuff. I guess they look fine given the context of the style but yeah I like my new style and that's appropriate.

      Delete