Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Drawtober Challenge Day 2 Cadet Primrose

Incredibly rough concept sketch of my new character, Primrose for day 2 of my Drawtober challenge. This one is very rough because I still have no idea how this character will look and had ran into snags while sketching this as a result.

Primrose is a cadet for her country's air force and in this world air planes aren't really use for combat but rather these kind of suits where they adopted the use of insect wings for flight because of how maneuverable flying insects are. Primrose is apart of the Yellow Jacket squad of which her flying gear is modeled after the wasp. So the story records Primrose's fight in a sort of world war where we learn how she gain the honor of being the air forces ace. She is equipped with a sort of machine gun and a rapier (the wasp's stinger).

I really enjoy the design of her face. I wanted to capture a stinging insect in her face some how so I gave her slanted eyes which resemble a wasp's eye in some sorts and I don't know how her upwards pointy nose helps indicate the wasps theme but I like it.

 This is by no means her final look and these are all place holders I want to add more mechanical bits and such maybe have a steam punk like slant and she still doesn't have head gear yet because I'm still trying to figure out how that would look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment