Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hello, Hello

So I decided to go post one completed art works here. This one was done just for practice, for stretching my art muscle.

Click image for full view
I titled it Hello, Hello for some reason but yeah it was decently fun to do and very simple. I was also experimenting with the line art and used a brush 5 times bigger than what I would normally use. It gave me some interesting results and I might try it again but with a 10 times bigger brush. I actually like the design of this character even though this kind of hairstyle boggles my mind as to how it actually works or how it could work in real life but yeah who knows, this character might find a home in one of my stories. Actually yeah I will think about putting this character into one of my stories and give her a proper name.

I was looking through my files and sketches and found this. I'm actually thinking about finishing a lot of my old sketches. Some of them need some major tweaks while others need to be re drawn all together but that's not too bad at least I will not be getting any art block anytime soon.

Anyways enjoy and ciao~

6 comments:

  1. Cute!! I love how your colors of orange and blue clash together nicely. I mean, other than being complimentary colors, but as in the tint and shade of them -^.^- Hey, if you ever have the free time, I was hoping you could draw something for me. It's up to you and there's no rush. If you want to, let me know ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be more than happy to draw a little something for you. I need some practice drawing what other people request so yeah. So go ahead and give me some details. It may take awhile because of the other stuff and school but I make sure to finish it asap.

      Delete
    2. Oh, thank you so much! I kinda thought it would be for a story I was thinking of writing, but I never really started it yet, and I honestly don't know what to write about... But yeah, that would be wonderful! Don't worry about too much details, it'll just be some general things and you can add your own style into it :D

      Delete
    3. Well when ever you feel like wanting me to start doing illustrations for this story just give me the word. I'd probably need to read the story to get a feel but yeah this is good practice since my career revolves around working with other people and trying to interpret their vision.

      Delete
  2. I remember someone saying something about doing line art, but what is it exactly? I think it's the basic line for the design of a picture, but I can't say for sure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Line art is basically like the artwork after some one has inked it. Typically it's the next stage after sketching when an artist wants a clean, crisp black and white piece to work with. That's line art in a nut shell or at least how I describe it. Thanks for the comments!

      Delete