Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Return of A Glass of Water?

So I've been thinking about starting up a web comic for the longest time and I was really set on making Newbie Bounty Hunter my "real" debut web comic, but despite my how good or bad my art skills are, I feel that I should hold of on it and that I'm not really ready to tackle an action story.

So then came the question of what will I be making a web comic of then. Two or three stories come to mind. The first being the one mention in the title, A Glass of Water. I showed off some pages from the original web comic for AGoW but like I said before my old computer broke and I couldn't work on the web comic and I lost all motivation to continue it when I got a new computer. The problem was I thought the direction the story was going was uninteresting and the biggest challenge for AGoW was always how to make a slice of life story interesting. I'm coming up with some pretty out there plot ideas to make AGoW stand out and I think I finally have some thing worth while. So now I'm thinking about re designing the characters.

The second story idea was one I came up with recently called Around the World with Amelia Wilts. As the name suggests it's a story revolving around a character, Amelia Wilts, traveling around the world. Basically it's some what of a life dream for her to see the world and so she saves up her money and once she had enough she would go on a backpack adventure with her best friend. This story is less likely to become a comic just yet because I feel I need more practice in drawing diverse environments and such. I had a fun idea to come up with the world and roughly base countries on the countries in our own world. As far as a writing stand point, It will prove to be a challenge. Or I can go the easy route and just use our world.

The third story is one that I want to keep a secret because I find the idea to be incredible bizarre and unique that I don't want other people potentially taking the idea before I can even use it. Basically the only thing I will say is that it is a story is about a waitress who has chronic clumsiness and she decides to use science to solve the problem. This is a vague description because it is probably no where near what you would expect. This story is a happy mistake that I came up with when I was working on an art piece of a maid.

So yeah A Glass of Water feels to be the winner here and I feel that the story deserves more especially since it was scrapped so quickly the first time around.

What is A Glass of Water about? Well basically it's a story that revolves around five friends Lauren "Laa" Viri, Chesna Ha, Mooni, Caprice (who still has no last name at the moment), and Philece "Pillow" Ashby who live out their day to day life dealing with fairly common situations and such. Mostly it focuses on Laa's life as she studies to become an animator. The twist is that Laa comes from Mars. This is an alternate time where the human civilization has expanded beyond the stars and so there are colonies on the moon, Mars and in space stations scattered through out the Solar System. So an education program known as the BSS FESP, The Bigger than the Solar System Foreign Exchange Student Program, was approved where college students can travel to different colonies, and or planets to study. Laa was excepted to study animation on the planet that started it all and she will meet her roomy Chesna and they will go through life. Laa will have to over come things like culture shock and home sickness as well as the hardships of pursuing a pretty challenging career. Laa will also do other things that I haven't thought of but yeah.

Yeah I guess you can say I like thinking outside of the box when it comes to story making. It's so easy to follow the same formula now a days that it becomes boring. A lot of animes and such are uninteresting to me because they seem to be the same thing over and over. There are those Japanese story creators out there who have such crazy ideas that people think drugs were involved in the development. I love that kind of stuff and those dudes are what inspire me.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the web comics, especially "Around the World with Amelia Wilts". I love adventurous stories like that, they always keep me on the edge of my toes when reading/watching/etc. I think making up a new world is really exciting and fun because it can be crazy or modern as you desire, but that's your call, so do what you love -^.^- !

    ReplyDelete