Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Custom Phoebe Character Portfolio

So I've just been chilling out since the end of my first quarter at the Art Institute so now time for a lengthy post. This is the final character portfolio project I did for my Character and Object design class. Which is also the beginning concept work for a story I want to work on called Custom Phoebe.

So let's get this started.

 So here we have page one which is the set up page for the main character, Phoebe Leal.

Phoebe's body turns.

10 of Phoebe's expressions.

2 of Phoebe's action poses.

2 of 4 of Phoebe's acting poses.

4 of 4 of Phoebe's acting poses.

 10 of Phoebe's hand poses.

1 of 5 of Phoebe's props.

4 of 5 of Phoebe's props.

Finally, Phoebe's head turns.

Moving on to the second character


Here is Bronx's set up. He is the trusty partner to Phoebe.


Bronx's body turns.

10 of Bronx's expressions.

Finally the third character Rae Djn, the third teammate in Phoebe's team.

Rae's Setup.

Rae's terrible drawn body turns (I didn't like how this turned out)

10 of Rae's expressions.

Here's the character line up and size comparison.

Background 1 of 2, Phoebe's house on the command ship.

And finally background 2 of 2 a rough sketch of the city in the command ship. (Command ship = home away from home for Phoebe and co. since they travel the universe busting criminals.)

So yeah there we go.

Just the a little inside info. I was very much inspired by Megaman and the game Mighty Switch Force. The idea for the story came from the idea of galaxy space police force stuff through out sci-fi things as well as the general premise of the Green Lantern. Star Wars can be a factor of inspiration as well. Also Bronx's design was inspired by Earthworm Jim and he was suppose to be a human but I changed him after I though of the whole Police in space thing. Rae's design came out of the blue she was suppose to be a robot but I decided to make her into another alien species. 

Anyways that's it enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome work as always, L.A.! I like how you displayed multiple poses and expressions, I think it's very motivating just seeing it -^.^- Talk to ya later <3

    ReplyDelete